Cedar Mill is a census-designated place and an unincorporated community located in Washington County, Oregon, mostly north of U.S. Highway 26 and west of the Willamette Stone. It received its name from a sawmill on Cedar Creek, which cut Western Redcedars which were the dominant tree in the area; the mill's pond was near the intersection of 119th and Cornell Road, which could still be seen into the 1960s. As of the 2000 census, the community had a total population of 12,597.
Most of the land, as was typical in the Tualatin Valley, was settled in accord with the Donation Land Claim Act of 1850. It became a school district in 1856. According to Oregon Geographic Names, a Cedar Mill post office was established in 1874.
Web Sites and Links
Cedar Mill, OregonCommunity web site including information on organizations, resources, shopping, and the monthly Cedar Mill News.