Oregonia is an inincorporated community of Washington Township, Warren County, Ohio, on the east shore of the Little Miami River about five miles northwest of Lebanon and six miles south of Waynesville.
The first settlement there was around 1802, where there was a mill operated at various times by Nebo Grant, Ignatius Brown, and David Brown. Around 1820, it was known as Freeport. The Little Miami Railroad reached the village circa 1845. On February 8, 1846, a post office, called Oregon as there was another Freeport in Ohio, was opened. Sometime after the 1880s, the town assumed the name of Oregonia. It continues to have a post office, ZIP code 45054
Web Sites and Links
Fort Ancient State MemorialFeatures 18,000 feet of earthen walls built 2,000 years ago by American Indians, and newly built museum and exhibits. Site lists hours, fees and educational programs.
Turvac, Inc.Specializes in vibration, balancing, and shaft alignment of rotating machinery and engineering field services.
YMCA Camp KernYear round camping program serving kids through traditional programs, and weekend retreats.