Catawissa, Missouri is a small village on the St. Louis & San Francisco Railroad, 39 miles from St. Louis, MO. It was founded in 1839 and initially had 4 stores. It is located at the junction of Route N and Route O, southwest of Pacific. It has never been incorporated and has always been township. Its Post Office opened in 1860.
Survey: T. 43 N., R. 2 E., Sec. 34
As of 2005, the village consists of 2 churches (Baptist and Catholic), a Post Office, a school (Nike Elementary School), a State Conservation Area (Old wooden river bridge on north bank), a Farm supply store, a bar, 2 closed gas stations, and several small shops. A strip mall is under construction at the intersection of Route N and Route O.
Web Sites and Links
Saint James Catholic ChurchProvides information on the church's history, special events, the regular Mass schedule, and parish organizations.