Bloomington is an unincorporated town at the confluence of the North Branch Potomac River and Savage River in southeastern Garrett County, Maryland. It lies to the west of Luke on Maryland Highway (MD 135) and is bounded to the northwest by Savage River State Forest.
Originally known as Llangollen when the town's post office was established on December 4, 1872, its name was later changed to Bloomington. Jennings Randolph Lake to the southwest was completed in 1982 as Bloomington Lake but was renamed in 1987 by the United States Congress for West Virginia Senator William Jennings Randolph.
Web Sites and Links
WEPCO Federal Credit UnionMembership is open to employees of the Westvaco Corporation. History, locations and hours, products and services, rates, and member information.