Warner Robins is a city located mainly in Houston County, Georgia. In 1997, the city also annexed into neighboring Peach County, effective September 26 of that year. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 48,804.
The city was originally named Wellston, which was nothing more than a train stop for local farmers. During World War II, in order to secure a military base, it was renamed after General Augustine Warner Robins. It was founded in the late 1940s and survived a direct strike from an F4 tornado in April 1953. The city is nicknamed the "International City"; this comes from the number of people that live here from all over the world brought together by nearby Robins AFB.
Web Sites and Links
The Bradbury InnProvides reservations form, amenities, services and location information.